gotU offers reliable and secure roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To access gotU, simply register and follow the steps on the gotU Mobile Apps (Apps) or on the gotU website at gotU.com.au (Website). Please be aware that the following will be required:
- Your name and telephone number
- Your vehicle make and model
- Your location
- Your registration details
Who is the gotU Roadside Assistance Provider?
Roadside assistance is provided by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 177 trading as ‘Allianz Global Assistance’ (‘Allianz Global Assistance’, ‘we’/’us’). Whenever you request roadside assistance under the Apps or Website, you will be making that request to Allianz Global Assistance, who provides the Apps (including any updates), Website and roadside assistance services on the terms and conditions set out below. The terms and conditions contain exclusions and limitations.
The fees for certain standard roadside assistance services are set out in the Apps and the Website. We will provide you a quote for these services at the time of your request, and these must be paid for electronically within the Apps or Website. Further services will be at your cost. Fees may vary (as described in the Apps and Website) based on the nature of the service required and your vehicle’s location.
Unless otherwise stated on the Apps or Website, all prices displayed there are in Australian dollars and are valid and effective only in Australia. All prices and availability of services may be changed at any time without notice. We reserve the right to correct pricing errors at any time.
Please stay with your vehicle
Once a service provider has been called, it is important that you remain with your vehicle if it is safe to do so. Should we arrive at the scene of the breakdown and the vehicle is unattended, we will be unable to carry out any work and payment may be required for any subsequent callouts to assist with the same incident. If you require assistance and have to leave your vehicle for safety reasons, please contact our customer service centre to advise.
A service provider will be dispatched to assist in the following ways:
If you request a jump start as part of the services you require, we will coordinate to jump start the flat battery or coordinate a battery replacement where possible. The cost of the replacement battery will be charged to you in addition to the Flat Battery service flat fee. Should a jump start not be possible, or additional services are required, those further services will be at your cost.
If your vehicle runs out of fuel, we will provide 10 litres worth of petrol. Our providers do not carry LPG for refuel purposes. If you drive a LPG fuelled vehicle we suggest you select the towing service. If any extra services such as towing to the nearest petrol station or place of safety in order to refuel the vehicle are required, the towing will be at your cost.
If you find yourself with a flat tyre, we will change it with the vehicle’s serviceable spare wheel. Should additional services be required beyond this due to multiple flat tyres, the spare tyre being unserviceable, replacement wheel studs/nuts not being available or locking wheel nut key not being available, further services will be at your cost.
If you lose your keys or lock them in your vehicle, we will provide all reasonable assistance (subject to proof of ownership being shown) to gain access to your vehicle (once a consent and indemnity form has been signed by you).
We will not be responsible for any damage incurred, or for any repair costs that result from gaining access to the vehicle or moving the vehicle while it is locked. All additional costs are your responsibility.
If you determine your vehicle requires a tow, we will provide up to 10km a tow using a flat bed truck to the location you specify. Should the vehicle need specialist equipment including but not limited to dolly wheels, go-jacks, freewheeling hubs or require additional labour to recover it, extra fees will be negotiated and paid directly to the service provider at your cost on the spot.
An extra towing fee of $5.50 incl. GST per kilometre will be charged to you in addition to the towing service flat fee for each kilometre in excess of the 10kms provided.
You may cancel your roadside assistance request within 5 minutes of our notification to you that a driver is on their way at no cost to you. If more than 5 minutes have elapsed after the service provider has been dispatched and prior to their arrival on scene, cancellation is subject to payment equal to the calculated cost in the App or Website.
You will be charged the full amount of the quoted service price for any of the following cancellation instances/reasons:
- service provider is on scene and you cancel for any reason;
- service provider determines you have inaccurately stated the conditions of your vehicle or the problem with the vehicle thus the cost of service will be higher than initially quoted and you cancel your roadside assistance request; or
- you successfully managed to fix your breakdown and/or failed to cancel your roadside assistance request, subject to the cancellation rules above.
Exclusions and limitations
We provide general roadside assistance. We will not be responsible for the cost of any parts or components for the roadside repair of the vehicle, other than minor breakdown repairs. Please note:
- We will not be responsible or liable for any additional or increased costs and expenses incurred as a result of the vehicle being outside a service area.
- Subject to the statutory consumer guarantees and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and except to the extent caused by our negligence or our agents’ or service providers’ negligence, we are not required to provide any services and will not be responsible or liable for any costs and expenses (or any increased costs or expenses) incurred in connection with or as a result of:
- the vehicle being unregistered;
- the vehicle being unattended;
- the vehicle being involved or connected to any form of motor sports (including driving on a racetrack or competing in organised road or off-road rallies);
- vehicle abuse or neglect by you;
- you failing to use reasonable care with the vehicle;
- failure by you to conduct regular preventative vehicle maintenance or provision of inappropriate repair or maintenance to the vehicle;
- failure by you to comply with any instructions or directions provided with or attached to the vehicle;
- accident damage, any damage arising from or caused by an impact or collision or accidental damage of any nature, any attempted or successful theft or break-in of the vehicle (but excluding the provision of and cost of providing any accident-related services which we agree to arrange or provide);
- failure by you to comply with instructions reasonably provided by us, our agents or service providers;
- failure by you to comply with any applicable road laws or regulations;
- bogged caravans or trailers;
- vehicles with a height and width over 2m, a length over 5.4m and a GVM of over 3.5t or vehicles that, in our opinion, require a heavy haulage provider due to the weight, length, width or height of your vehicle;
- motorcycles, motor scooters and mopeds.
- Where we incur costs under item 2 above, you will be responsible for the cost and must make payment in the amount and manner as advised by us.
- Services provided by us are also subject to: resources being reasonably available in the vicinity of the breakdown or problem; areas being trafficable by a two wheel drive recovery vehicle; vehicle accident or traffic congestion; or restricted access area requirements.
- Subject to the statutory consumer guarantees and remedies available to you under the ACL, a) the Apps and Website (including any content they include about goods and services) is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind; b) Allianz Global Assistance, and its directors and employees, does not warrant that your access to our Apps and Website will be uninterrupted or that our Apps and Website will operate error free, that any defects will be corrected or that our Apps and Website and their servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data, code, components or other material; c) Allianz Global Assistance, and its directors and employees, does not warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of our Apps and Website, or that it will give notice of such use, modification or alteration; d). Allianz Global Assistance, and its directors and employees, does not warrant or make any representations about the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or otherwise of the content of the Apps and Website (including descriptions of any goods/services). The use of our Apps and Website is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to our Apps and Website and may be made at any time; and e) if your use of our Apps or Website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs.
Australian Consumer Law
Despite anything contained in these terms and conditions, the ACL gives you statutory rights including guarantees and remedies that cannot be excluded or modified by these terms and conditions. The ACL guarantees and remedies include (depending on the type of failure, fault, or defect and whether major or minor) repair or replacement, a refund, compensation for reasonably foreseeable loss or damage, or a resupply of services if the goods or services do not meet the standards required by the ACL.
The Apps and Website
You must not use the Apps or Website in any manner or for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner that violates any right of us, or that is prohibited by these terms and conditions. In particular it is a condition of your use of and/or access that you agree that you will not:
- use any device, software or routine which will or may interfere with the working or functioning of the Apps or Website and will not post, publish, distribute or transmit any content of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- make any unauthorised use of any materials or intellectual property found on our Apps or Website;
- copy or provide to any other party any materials, content or data found on our Apps or Website other than as set out in these terms and conditions;
- copy and use any materials, content or data found on our Apps or Website for any other purpose than purchasing or endorsing or cancelling one of our products;
- use any method or means to copy, reproduce, republish, frame, post, upload, distribute, transmit, sublicense, delete or modify in any way all or any part of the Apps or Website, or monitor them in any way, unless expressly provided for in our Apps or Website or expressly authorised in writing by us;
- intentionally do anything which overburdens the infrastructure of our Apps or Website;
- post, publish, distribute or transmit, or disseminate any content of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including content which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right, without first obtaining permission from us or relevant right holder;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to identify the source code or other arithmetical formula for the infrastructure software or functions;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying our Apps or Website.
The Apps and Website may contain links to other websites owned, operated or produced by third party organisations independent of us (‘Third Party Sites’). The links are provided for convenience only and we have not verified and do not sponsor, endorse or approve the operators of, or any materials on (including information, products or services), those Third Party Sites.
All rights in and to the Apps and Website, and all content in the Apps and Website, including copyright in the software and data comprising the Apps and Website, and our trademarks, are owned by or licensed to us (‘Our Materials’). As between you and us, we own all rights in and to Our Materials and the Apps and Website. You must not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice incorporated in or accompanying Our Material and you must not reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display or otherwise exploit Our Materials.
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Apps and Website at any time without notice to you.
App platform terms
You acknowledge that we (not any other party) are responsible for the Apps and their contents in accordance with these terms and conditions. Both you and we acknowledge that we (not any other party) are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services for, and addressing complaints in relation to, the Apps.
You represent and warrant that you are not:
- located in a country that is subject to a US government embargo, or that has been designated by the US government as a terrorist supporting’ country; or
- listed on any US government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
We grant You a non-exclusive, worldwide and perpetual licence to perform, display and use the Android version of the App on your Android device.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions are between us and you, and that Apple Inc (‘Apple’) is not a party to these terms and conditions.
We grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty free, non-transferable licence to use the iOS version of the App in accordance with these terms and conditions on an iOS Product (that is, any Apple-branded product that runs the iOS operating system software provided by Apple) or any other product permitted by Apple from time to time that you use own or control and as permitted by the ‘Usage Rules’ set out in the ‘App Store Terms of Service’.
Both you and we acknowledge that in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, we (not Apple) will (except as noted below) be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of such claim.
You acknowledge that Apple has (to the maximum extent permitted by law) no warranty obligations with respect to the App and that any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the App to conform to any warranty implied or imposed by law will be our responsibility (not Apple’s).
In the event of any failure of the iOS version of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund you the purchase price paid for the App. Without limiting any other provisions of these terms and conditions, both you and we also acknowledge that we (not Apple) are responsible for addressing any claims that you or a third party has relating to the App or your possession or use of the App, including without limitation any product liability claims, any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement and claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
Where permitted under applicable laws, both you and we acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these terms and conditions, and that, on your acceptance of these terms and conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms and conditions against you as a third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions.
Your privacy is important to us. Any personal information provided to us is used by us and our agents to arrange and provide you with roadside assistance and to manage your and our rights and obligations arising from or in connection with the roadside assistance, including any disputes. Your personal information will be disclosed to third parties involved in the above functions and activities such as the service providers, tow truck operators, car manufacturers, our agents and contractors who assist us in carrying out our normal business activities (including computer service providers and data hosting entities who may be located overseas), financial institutions and related organisations who handle payments on our behalf, claims handlers and insurers, our lawyers, your agents and representatives and our related and group companies including Allianz SE.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties overseas who assist us in providing the services or in carrying out our normal business activities. While those parties will often be subject to confidentiality or privacy obligations, you agree that in the case of a breach by the third party in relation to handling your personal information, we will not be accountable for the third party under the Privacy Act and you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid under the law of any jurisdiction, that provision is enforceable in that jurisdiction to the extent that it is not invalid, whether it is in severable terms or not.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. The courts of New South Wales, Australia (and the courts of appeal from them) have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights under these terms and conditions, that does not mean we waive those rights. If you fail to enforce any of your rights under these terms and conditions, that does not mean you waive those rights.
These terms and conditions are personal to you and you may not assign or otherwise transfer any rights under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent. We may assign or otherwise transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions as we require.
These terms and conditions govern any updates provided by us that replace and/or supplement the original Apps or Website, unless such update is accompanied by separate terms, in which case those terms will govern the update.
If you have any questions or complaints about the Apps, please contact us on 1800 252 655 email@example.com
gotU uses data supplied by Glass’s Information Services Pty. Limited for the approved purpose of identification of vehicles sold in Australia
Data is defined as:
- Data means information developed or assembled by GIS as described in Schedule A, but does not include any information that has been materially transformed and/or augmented by the Licensee with its own information, and/or information sourced from third parties.
Approved purpose is defined as:
- to identify and assess vehicles, including, without limitation, in connection with the supply of roadside assistance products provided by or in conjunction with the Licensee or its Related Bodies Corporate; (b) for internal business purposes of the Licensee and its Related Bodies Corporate, including, without limitation, design and specification of roadside assistance products provided by or in conjunction with the Licensee or its Related Bodies Corporate; (c) to undertake research, risk analysis and analytics as to performance of roadside assistance products, calculation of renewals, management of customer queries and customer services including frequency and types and makes of vehicles.
In these terms and conditions, the following words have the following meanings:
accident: damage to a vehicle caused by impact or collision of any nature, or by attempted or successful theft or break-in to the vehicle.
breakdown: mechanical or electrical fault which has caused the vehicle to be immobilised or become unsafe to drive (whether in transit or otherwise). Breakdown can also include a flat tyre, flat or faulty battery, a vehicle which has run out of fuel or keys which have been locked in the vehicle or lost.
callout: roadside assistance provided by our customer service assistant over the telephone, through our apps or website or by us or a service provider at or from the breakdown location.
mobile or mobilised: means moving or capable of moving using the vehicle’s own power and as intended by the manufacturer when operating normally. “Immobile” and “immobilised” have the corresponding meaning.
restricted access area: an area that is protected by security and/or other systems designed to prevent access by unauthorised people and includes areas that we do not have permission to enter (including but not limited to airports, sporting venues, protests, airports, and concerts).
roadside assistance: the secure roadside vehicle assistance available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
service area: Service area is available at https://www.gotu.com.au/roadside-assistance-coverage/
service provider: a mobile mechanic, tow truck operator or other roadside assistance provider nominated by us.
serviceable spare: a wheel and tyre that is ready and able to be fitted to mobilise your vehicle after changing a flat tyre.
third party services: any websites and services operated or provided by third parties.
vehicle: your nominated vehicle under 2m in height, 2m in width, 5.4m in length and 3.5t in weight
we or us or our: Allianz Global Assistance, our employees, agents, contractors, and related companies.
you or your: The user of the Apps or Website who requires or may require roadside assistance.